Modern buildings are built to maximize energy efficiency, but tight envelopes trap airborne contaminants inside. If you live in Titusville, FL, and someone in your family is suffering from allergies or asthma, you may have an indoor air quality (IAQ) problem.
How Poor Indoor Air Quality Affects You
When left unaddressed, substandard IAQ can have a variety of unpleasant consequences:
- Health Issues: Numerous scientific studies have linked poor IAQ to a variety of chronic health conditions, including allergies, asthma, lung disease, rashes, fatigue, congestion, nose bleeds, headaches, and COPD.
- Indoor Cleanliness: Airborne particulate matter eventually settles as the humidity rises. If you notice accumulations of dust, dirt, and dander on your floors, furniture, and countertops, your home may have inadequate air exchange.
- HVAC Equipment Breakdowns: Dirt, dust, and other pollutants cling to vital internal components in your HVAC system. Over time, this can lead to higher utility bills, costly repairs, and a shorter operating life for your equipment.
Addressing Indoor Air Quality Issues
Fortunately, our IAQ professionals can develop a comprehensive strategy to eliminate allergens, contaminants, and other airborne irritants from your home. When you integrate these products into your existing HVAC system, your whole family will breathe easier.
- Air Filtration: The effectiveness of a filter is measured by its MERV rating. Install a filter with a minimum MERV 7 rating to capture the ultra-fine particles that irritate your lungs.
- UV Lamp: Tuned to a specific wavelength, UV lights installed inside your HVAC equipment will kill a wide array of biological contaminants and eliminate many other pollutants.
- Mechanical Ventilation: When your home is sealed too tightly, fresh air is shut out, and stale air is trapped inside. Mechanical ventilation brings in the precise amount of fresh air needed to keep your home healthy while exhausting polluted, stale indoor air
Keep Your Home Healthy and Clean
If you would like to learn more about our indoor air quality products and HVAC services, call the pros at Assurance Aire today at (321) 418-8757.